Saturday, October 20, 2012

Shabby Chic Plant Stand Up-Cycle.






This was my very first up-cycle project, a tall mahogany plant stand. Unfortunately I don’t have an image of how it looked before I painted it, but this stand is very similar. (Right)

imageI used Annie Sloan’s Emile Chalk Paint. I used a thick 100% bristle brush to apply one thin layer of paint, which was slighty diluted with water. Then using sand paper I lightly rubbed back the areas I wanted to distress, allowing the wood underneath to show through.

imageOnce the paint dried I used a thick and sturdy bristle brush to apply clear wax to finish the Plant Stand. I used dark wax in the grooves to give this piece of furniture an aged look. I then removed any areas of unwanted dark wax with a cloth and a small amount of clear wax. After allowing the wax to settle, I used a clean lint-free cloth to buff, making the wax appear shiny.


My final touches. I wrapped a cream rose garland around the stand and placed vintage accessories on top. A plant stand doesn't always have to be used to display flowers, be bold!


image
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment