Friday, October 19, 2012

Magazine Holder Up-Cycle

     

image


I came across this magazine rack in a second hand store. I wanted to paint something different, but something that would be on show and could also be used daily. This was perfect.
 
imageimageThis little piece was a joy to paint. I mixed a tiny amount of Annie Sloan Original Chalk Paint with Annie Sloan Emile Chalk Paint, to soften the colour slightly. I gave this unit two coats of paint. Once the paint dried I used fine sandpaper to gently sand back areas of the paint, to give a distressed look. I then used a clean, dry cloth to apply a generous amount of wax.   
 
Tip: Once the wax has had time to dry, use a different clean, dry cloth to buff the wax. This gives it a beautiful shine and finishes it off nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment