Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Gruesome Vampire Cocktail

It's that time of year again, trees have that beautiful golden glow and the morning air is bitter. Halloween is approaching fast and there's no time like the present to begin some decorating!

I rarely see Halloween decorations in peoples gardens or windows, unlike my favourite Halloween movie Hocus Pocus, where the houses are lavishly decorated. I never decorate my home, maybe a pumpkin here and there, but this year I'm pulling out all the stops.

It's usually around this time of year, when it gets dark early and its nippy outside that I love going late night shopping to my local Asda superstore. It's quite satisfying being able to shop when most people are at home with the kids tucked up in bed. I recently went on a late night shopping trip to Asda and when I came across the Halloween isle, I couldn't help but fill my basket with decorations and treats. I came across a Gothic Goblet at a bargain price and I just couldn't resist. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it and couldn't wait to begin experimenting. This is what I ended up with, a Gruesome Vampire Cocktail!


It's the perfect little decoration if you’re throwing a Halloween party on a budget or if you fancy being a little creative.

What you will need;

Red food colouring
Water
Oil
Stones
Goblet
Plastic Spider

Extras. (These are not essential);

Turkey baster
Green food colouring
Glitter

Begin with adding a small handful of stones to the bottom of your Gothic Goblet or your choice of glass. If you choose to use the same Gothic Goblet as I have, the stones will give the illusion of there being teeth at the bottom of the goblet. Fill your glass or goblet half way with water. Add a few drops of the red food colouring, or the colour of your choice. I chose red as it looks like blood. Give it a gentle stir to make sure the food colouring has mixed properly. Using 2:1 ratio add the oil, this will settle above the water.



To finish off your Gruesome Vampire Cocktail drop a plastic spider into the oil. I used a small Spider which I got as part of a Spider Web set from Asda. The spider will float in the oil.

Extra

If you want to add some extra touches, mix a little oil with some green food colouring in a tumbler. Give it a good stir to allow the food colouring to fuse with the oil. Using a turkey baster, let the mixture slowly drip on top of your Gruesome Vampire Cocktail. I think it looks like frog spawn, adding to the Halloween feel. It will settle at the top, floating above the water. If you're a lover of glitter, sprinkle a small amount of on top for final touches.
 
 

I would advise not to consume this Cocktail and keep out of reach from children.

Enjoy making your Gruesome Vampire Cocktail!


No comments:

Post a Comment