Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My little haven


This is my Shabby Chic bedroom. It’s a converted attic which is small and cosy. It has a tiny little Shabby Chic en-suite to match. There are two slim skylights which provide a great amount of light for such a tiny room.

The main feature wall is painted with Dulux Javan Dawn 1. The remaining 3 walls and ceiling are painted with Dulux Gentle Gold 4. I have two cream French bedside tables, one either side of my bed and another to support my television (which cannot be seen in this photograph). With a built in wardrobe and little space I have no other storage units.

You can find a similar JellyCat Owl plush here and the blue floral cushions can be found here.

This is a monochromatic colour scheme as I have used different tints, tones and shades of blue. A bit simple some may think but through using different textures it creates contrast and interest. 

It’s my perfect little hideaway, a little on the small side but I wouldn't change a thing! And when my bed calls, I can't wait to get cosy!

No comments:

Post a Comment